The Orion™ Series – Doppler Weather Radar Systems
(U.S. Patent # 7,365,696)
Redefining Solid State
High-performance, high-reliability, and long life were key design goals in the development of the Orion Series. We design & build every major RF component within every Orion.
Our intelligent design techniques have eliminated many common mechanical and electronic components resulting in the ultimate integrated, lightweight, versatile single-package solution. All Orion systems take full advantage of the latest in electronic and microwave device technology. WDS also designs and manufactures its own pulsed High-Power Solid-State Power Ampliﬁers based on the latest GaN (gallium nitride) HEMT transistor technology. This important technology advancement is the keystone of every Orion.
- High-power solid-state patented design
- Rugged proven reliability
- Superior performance
- Long life
- Research-grade data integrity and accuracy
- Minimal maintenance
- Lowest life cycle costs especially over conventional vacuum tube radars
- Extremely user-friendly
- All radar data products are compatible with the most popular display packages
- Available in Single- or Dual-Polarization C-Band or S-Band
- Dual-Polarization systems have two transmitters
- Lowest RF emission high performance radar on the market
- No dangerous, hard to maintain, high voltage power supplies
- Tight spectrum management
- Equipped with the most advanced Doppler signal processor Vaisala RVP900
- All radar components are antenna mounted eliminating the need for a ground building, bulky high-loss waveguide runs, pressurization, and VSWR tuning issues
- Equipped with precision composite antenna that guarantees dimensional stability over the entire surface
- Made in the USA
As a designer and manufacturer, we’re able to meet your speciﬁc radar needs and monetary considerations. Our lineup of advanced pulsed high-power solid-state Doppler radar systems includes a variety of power ranges, wave-lengths, and aperture sizes (up to 25-feet).